Professor in analytical chemistry in Faculty of chemistry and pharmacy, University of Sofia “St. Kliment Ohridski”.
Head of Laboratory for Analytical Atomic Spectrometry
Research focused on Ecotoxicity; Environmental legislation; Environmental exposure assessment. Environmental fate and behaviour of chemicals, including environmental degradation kinetics and environmental exposure; analytical toxicology. Development of analytical methods and approaches for trace element determination in environmental and food samples. Approaches for chemical species determination in environmental and food samples.
Leader of project team introducing legislation for the assessment of chemical status of surface waters in Bulgaria: (i) choice of specific pollutants at national level; (ii) introducing quality standards for specific pollutants; (iii) developing approaches for assessing the chemical status of water – introduction of biotic ligand model into the national legislation; (iv) introducing approach for trend analysis in pollutant concentrations in sediment.
- Member of Bioelution expert group European agency for chemical (ECHA)
- Member of Expert Committee on priority substances evaluation at the Bulgarian Ministry of Environment and Water
- Member of Risk Assessment Committee (RAC) of ECHA
- External expert EURL ECVAM (European Union Reference Laboratory for alternatives to animal testing) Scientific Advisory Committee
- Expert of World Bank Team in Bulgaria
Author of more than 80 scientific paper, h factor 22